The mission of Minneapolis Kids is to provide high quality child
care services for parents during periods when students are not involved in
regular school programs. The program offers a safe, nurturing, educational, and
recreational experience where children are encouraged to pursue interests,
develop friendships, independence, and confidence.
Parent/Guardian visits are welcomed. To arrange a site tour contact the Program Coordinator of the location to schedule an individual orientation.
Program ComponentsThe Before School component runs from 6:30 am to the start of the school day.
TheAfter School component runs from the end of the school day until 6:00 p.m. Snack is included in the program fee.
Transportation between a child's school and Minneapolis Kids for both before and after afterschool components must be arranged through the child's homeschool.
On Non-School Days, enrollment is optional and on a first-come, first-served basis. Care is available from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm. Field trips are often planned on non-school days. A signed permission slip is required for each trip. Children must be registered for the day at least two weeks in advance or a $5.00 per day late fee will be assessed. Minneapolis Public Schools does not provide bus transportation for students on non-school days or winter, spring and summer breaks. Parents must provide a bag lunch and beverage, unless otherwise noted.
- Minneapolis Kids serves school age children ages 5-12 who are enrolled in High Five/Kindergarten through 6th Grade during the school year.
- Application must be completed with registration fee and tuition payment received prior to the child's ing date.
- The family is responsible for arranging transportation between the student's home school and the Minneapolis Kids location.
- Minneapolis Kids sites or components may be closed due to low enrollment.
- Children must be able to use the bathroom independently.