Registration for the 2021-22 School Year begins Friday April 23rd at 7:00am for Current Families and Friday April 30th at 7:00am for New Families.
(Current families are those that have had an approved contract for the 2020-21 school year. Those without an approved contract for this school year are considered a new family)
2021-22 School Year Fee Schedule, Locations & Components
If Minneapolis Kids is not located in your child’s school, you will be able to access care at another location. Click Here for a list of Minneaplis Kids locations by attending school.
Programs are choice-based, providing a variety of experiences that nurture social/emotional development, language and literacy, STEM, active and healthy lifestyles, positive self-image and community connections. Each day youth have the opportunity to participate in: planned staff and youth led activities, open-ended play, physical activity during gym and outdoor play and quiet/homework time.
Program ComponentsThe Before School component runs from 6:30 am to the start of the school day.
The After School component runs from the end of the school day until 6:00 p.m. Snack is included in the program fee.
On Non-School Days, enrollment is optional and on a first-come, first-served basis. Care is available from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm. Field trips are often planned on non-school days. A signed permission slip is required for each trip. Children must be registered for the day at least two weeks in advance or a $5.00 per day late fee will be assessed. Minneapolis Public Schools does not provide bus transportation for students on non-school days or winter, spring and summer breaks. Parents must provide a bag lunch and beverage, unless otherwise noted.
- Minneapolis Kids serves school age children ages 5-12 who are enrolled in High Five/Kindergarten through 6th Grade during the school year.
- Application must be completed with registration fee and tuition payment received prior to the child’s starting date.
- The family is responsible for arranging transportation between the student's home school and the Minneapolis Kids location.
- Minneapolis Kids sites or components may be closed due to low enrollment.
- Children must be able to use the bathroom independently.