Programs are choice-based, providing a variety of experiences that nurture social/emotional development, language and literacy, STEM, active and healthy lifestyles, positive self-image and community connections. Each day youth have the opportunity to participate in: planned staff and youth led activities, open-ended play, physical activity during gym and outdoor play and quiet/homework time.
- The Before School component runs from 6:30 am to the start of the school day.
- The After School component runs from the end of the school day until 6:00 pm. Snack is included in the program fee.
- On Non-School Days, care is available from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm. There is a separate registration and enrollment is optional and on a first-come, first-served basis.
School Year Rates (2 day/week minimum per component)
|Cost per Day|
|Before School Early|
(Mon-Fri, 6:30-8:05, 8:15, or 8:25 am)
|Before School Late|
(6:30-8:40, 9:10, or 9:30 am)
|After School Early|
(Mon-Fri, 2:00, 2:35, or 2:55-6:00 pm)
|After School Late|
(Mon-Fri, 3:10, 3:40, 3:45, or 4:00-6:00 pm)
Minneapolis Kids Jr
Non-School Day Rates
*If registration is received less than 2 weeks before the requested Non-School Day
*Non-School Day: Rates going into effect on June 22, 2023.
See Terms & Conditions for additional program fees (Drop-In, Schedule Change, Absence Confirmation, Late Pick-up)
If Minneapolis Kids is not located in your child's school, you will be able to access care at another location.
- Armatage: 2501 W 56th St
- Bancroft: 3829 13th Ave S
- Barton: 4237 Colfax Ave S
- Burroughs: 1601 W 50th St
- Dowling: 3900 W River Pkwy
- Emerson (After school only): 120 W 15th St
- Green Central (Before school only): 3416 4th Ave S
- Hale: 5330 13th Ave S
- Keewaydin: 5209 30th Ave S
- Kenny: 5720 Emerson Ave S
- Kenwood: 2013 Penn Ave S
- Lake Harriet-Lower: 4030 Chowen Ave S
- Loring: 2600 N 4th Ave
- Lyndale (After school only): 312 W 34th St
- Northrop: 4315 31st Ave
- Webster: 425 5th St NE
- Windom: 5821 Wentworth Ave
Families are responsible for arranging transportation between the child’s home school and the Minneapolis Kids location. Families can request this by contacting their homeschool.
- Minneapolis Kids serves school age children ages 4-12 who are enrolled in High Five through 6th Grade during the school year.
- If Minneapolis Kids is not located in your child's school, you will be able to access care at another location.
- Application must be completed with registration fee and tuition payment received prior to the child’s starting date.
- The family is responsible for arranging transportation between the student's home school and the Minneapolis Kids location.
- Minneapolis Kids sites or components may be closed due to low enrollment.
- Children must be able to use the bathroom independently.