Programs are choice-based, providing a variety of experiences that nurture social/emotional development, language and literacy, STEM, active and healthy lifestyles, positive self-image and community connections. Each day youth have the opportunity to participate in: planned staff and youth led activities, open-ended play, physical activity during gym and outdoor play and quiet/homework time.
Program ComponentsThe Before School component runs from 6:30 am to the start of the school day.
The After School component runs from the end of the school day until 6:00 p.m. Snack is included in the program fee.
On Non-School Days, care is available from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm. There is a separate registration and enrollment is optional and on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Minneapolis Kids serves school age children ages 5-12 who are enrolled in *High Five/Kindergarten through 6th Grade during the school year.
- If Minneapolis Kids is not located in your child's school, you will be able to access care at another location. See Minneapolis Kids locations by attending school.
- Application must be completed with registration fee and tuition payment received prior to the child’s starting date.
- The family is responsible for arranging transportation between the student's home school and the Minneapolis Kids location.
- Minneapolis Kids sites or components may be closed due to low enrollment.
- Children must be able to use the bathroom independently.
* For High Five, Minneapolis Kids program must be located in the school building to be eligible to register.