Final details about 21-22 school year programing are in the works. For information about locations and components click here
The mission of Minneapolis Kids is to provide high quality child care services for parents during periods when students are not involved in regular school programs. The program offers a safe, nurturing, educational, and recreational experience where children are encouraged to pursue interests, develop friendships, independence, and confidence.
Parent/Guardian visits are welcomed. To arrange a site tour contact the Program Coordinator of the location to schedule an individual orientation.
Program ComponentsThe Before School component runs from 6:30 am to the start of the school day.
The After School component runs from the end of the school day until 6:00 p.m. Snack is included in the program fee.
Transportation between a child's school and Minneapolis Kids for both before and after afterschool components must be arranged through the child's homeschool.
On Non-School Days, enrollment is optional and on a first-come, first-served basis. Care is available from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm. Field trips are often planned on non-school days. A signed permission slip is required for each trip. Children must be registered for the day at least two weeks in advance or a $5.00 per day late fee will be assessed. Minneapolis Public Schools does not provide bus transportation for students on non-school days or winter, spring and summer breaks. Parents must provide a bag lunch and beverage, unless otherwise noted.
- Minneapolis Kids serves school age children ages 5-12 who are enrolled in High Five/Kindergarten through 6th Grade during the school year.
- Application must be completed with registration fee and tuition payment received prior to the child's ing date.
- The family is responsible for arranging transportation between the student's home school and the Minneapolis Kids location.
- Minneapolis Kids sites or components may be closed due to low enrollment.
- Children must be able to use the bathroom independently.