By submitting my schedule request, I agree to the following:
I understand that my child cannot begin at Minneapolis Kids until I receive a written or oral confirmation from the Minneapolis Kids main office. In order to properly prepare for staff/student ratios, Minneapolis Kids reserves the right to not accept or process any registration for 5-10 business days prior to and after the start of any session.
Billing & Fees:
1. A non-refundable registration fee of $30 per family is charged to all first time users.
2. All fees are prepaid. You will be billed once a month. Payment is due the first day of the month.
3. Currently enrolled children have the option of attending on days for which they are not currently enrolled. Care is available on a space available basis, and requests must be received at least 48 hours in advance. A drop-in fee of $5 will be added to the daily rate.
4. Any changes made after August 7 will go into effect as of October 1. You will be billed a schedule change fee of $20. Any changes made after September 17 will require a two week notice.
5. There will be no change fee for adjusting non-school day enrollments.
6. There will be no refunds for absence due to illness, vacation or school closing due to inclement weather.
7. There is a $20 charge for any returned checks. If a check is returned for insufficient funds, a new check or money order must be submitted with the $20 processing fee added to the amount.
8. A late fee of $1 per minute will be assessed for picking up a child after 6 pm. On the third incident, a fee of $25 will be charged. After the fifth incident services will be terminated.
9. There is no charge for days when the Minneapolis Kids program is closed. 2015-16 School Year close dates:September 7, Labor Day; November 26-27, Thanksgiving Holiday; December 24-25, Christmas Holiday; December 31-January 1, New Year's Holiday; January 18, Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday; February 15, President's Day Holiday; May 30, Memorial Day Holiday.
10. Minneapolis Kids sites or components may be closed due to low enrollment. In this event, you will be given two weeks notice.
11. The Board of Education reserves the right to cancel this letter of agreement at any time. In this event, you will be given two weeks notice.
I understand that my child's enrollment will be terminated and my account may be turned over for collection if Minneapolis Kids is unsuccessful in collecting my monthly tuition.
I give permission for my child to participate in Minneapolis Kids walking field trips within a mile of the center. I understand that Minneapolis Kids staff will supervise all field trips and I will be informed in advance of the destination and the means of transportation. A separate, signed permission slip is needed for bus trips.
Exchange of Information:
I give my consent to an exchange of information between my child's Minneapolis Kids site staff and other Minneapolis Public Schools professional staff whenever it would be beneficial to my child.
I give my permission to Minneapolis Kids to make whatever emergency (i.e. first aid, disaster evacuation) measures are judged necessary for the care and protection of my child while under the supervision of Minneapolis Kids staff.
In case of a medical emergency, I understand that my child will be transported to the nearest hospital by ambulance if the local emergency resource (police or rescue squad) deems it necessary. I will be responsible for the cost of the transportation and any and all medical charges.
It is understood that in some medical situations, the staff will need to contact the local emergency resources before the parent and/or another adult acting on the parent's behalf.
Medical insurance coverage for children is the responsibility of the child's family or guardian.
Minneapolis Kids provides school age child care for children ages 5-12 or students in High Five/Kindergarten through 6th Grade. Eligibility ends upon start of the 7th Grade or when the child turns 13.
Children must be able to toilet independently.
Enrollment of Children with Special Needs:
When there is a request to enroll a child with special needs, a pre-enrollment consultation with parents and the program manager, program assistant or site coordinator will be held to determine how Minneapolis Kids can meet the child's special needs. The program will work with the family and other resource persons to develop a plan for serving the child and determining a start date.
Return to mplscommunityed.com
Minneapolis Kids is a program of Minneapolis Community Education
Davis Educational Center | 1250 W. Broadway Ave. | Minneapolis, MN | 55411 | 612.668.3890 | email@example.com